A festival to rediscover
an historic medieval village in Molise
Castiellë Soulplace Film Festival is an international competition with live screenings open to filmmakers from all over the world. It takes place in the small town of Castelpetroso (Molise, Italy) and its purpose is to help independent cinematography talents and filmmakers to improve their career.
We accept films of all genres and also shorts. Award-winning films will be screened in public before the award ceremony.
The medieval village was built around Norman times. Nothing remains of the old castle, except parts of shoal masonry around the medieval village. The parish church was that of San Martino, which underwent Baroque influences in the seventeenth century. The moments of aggregation in the various hamlets are many and preserve the spirit of the ancient local festivals, also of peasant heritage.
The event is patronaged by the Municipality of Castelpetroso
Best Narrative Short
Best Original Soundtrack
Best First Time Director
Special Jury Prize
We want to support as many filmmakers as possible, all over the world, motivating them to always improve, always give their best and never stop dreaming.
Th event involves not only filmmakers and the public, but also the whole territory as well.
We accept films of all genres and also shorts, in the form of narrative (fiction), documentary (non fiction) or animation.
Award-winning films will be screened in public before the award ceremony. *All winners will receive an official laurel and a free ready for print certificate.
By submitting your film, you declare to know and accept that we can promote some of the films by uploading the trailers and/or teasers or posters and production stills and so you allow us to use them for free, for promotional purpose. However the films will never be available online.
Submission fees cover administration costs and therefore they are non-refundable. Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker and each entry may be entered in multiple categories.
We do not accept:
- poor standards or amateur movies (bad sound, lack of subtitles/captions for non-English films, video resolution less than 720p HD);
- movies involving politics or promoting political agenda;
- extremist or propaganda content movies, either religious or political organizations.
- We are so happy to announce winners for our first edition of Opi Soulplace Film Festival. Applications have been from all over the world and that’s […]
- The first edition of Castiellë Soulplace Film Festival has come to an end. The beautiful framework of the Gothic Basilica. We have received applications from all […]
- We are so happy to announce winners for our first edition of Castiellë Soulplace Film Festival. Applications have been from all over the world and that’s […]
- Castelpetroso (or as they say in the local language Castiellë) is our new soulplace.The medieval village was built around Norman times. Nothing remains of the old […]
- Soulplace Film Festival means Live Screenings, Awards, Masterclasses: a network of events all over the world, promoting cinematography talents and local territories. Our aim is to […]
Best Narrative Feature, DARKING WAY, Zsolt Pozsgai
Best Documentary, THE FLAME - The Art and the History of Lampworking, Emanuel Toffolo
Best Narrative Short, The Librarian, Serkan Aktaş
Best Director, Drinking a Dream, Mahmood Arib
Best Original Soundtrack, THE FLAME - The Art and the History of Lampworking, Emanuel Toffolo
Best First Time Director, Swallow, Hosein Torkjoosh
Best Screenplay, Bad Love Tigers, Kevin Schewe