A festival to rediscover
the beauty of the small town of Scario
Scario Soulplace Film Festival is an international competition with live screenings open to filmmakers from all over the world. It takes place in the small town of San Giovanni a Piro (Cilento Coast, Italy) and its purpose is to help independent cinematography talents and filmmakers to improve their career.
We accept films of all genres and also shorts. Award-winning films will be screened in public before the award ceremony.
The small village of Scario is part of the town of San Giovanni a Piro and it is located above the Cilento Coast and it’s part of heart’s places classified by FAI – Fondo Ambiente Italiano. The village is nestled between the National Park of Cilento, Vallo di Diano and Alburni, and the Sea Protected Area of Infreschi Coast and Masseta, where we can find many submerged caves.
The event is patronaged by the Municipality of San Giovanni a Piro.
PATRONAGES, SPONSORS & PARTNERS
Best Narrative Short
Best Original Soundtrack
Best First Time Director
Special Jury Prize
We want to support as many filmmakers as possible, all over the world, motivating them to always improve, always give their best and never stop dreaming.
Th event involves not only filmmakers and the public, but also the whole territory as well.
We accept films of all genres and also shorts, in the form of narrative (fiction), documentary (non fiction) or animation.
Award-winning films will be screened in public before the award ceremony. *All winners will receive an official laurel and a free ready for print certificate.
By submitting your film, you declare to know and accept that we can promote some of the films by uploading the trailers and/or teasers or posters and production stills and so you allow us to use them for free, for promotional purpose. However the films will never be available online.
Submission fees cover administration costs and therefore they are non-refundable. Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker and each entry may be entered in multiple categories.
We do not accept:
- poor standards or amateur movies (bad sound, lack of subtitles/captions for non-English films, video resolution less than 720p HD);
- movies involving politics or promoting political agenda;
- extremist or propaganda content movies, either religious or political organizations.
- The second edition of Scario Soulplace Film Festival has been held.We thank you all filmmakers who partecipated and all the sponsors and partners that supported us. […]
- The first edition of Scario Soulplace Film Festival has come to an end Breathtaking views and a community that demonstrates support and involvement for their village. […]
- We are so happy to announce winners for our first edition of Scario Soulplace Film Festival.We have received applications from all over the world and that’s […]
- Scario Soulplace Film Festival is born: San Giovanni a Piro is the new location choosed for the film competition. The small village is located above the […]
- Soulplace Film Festival means Live Screenings, Awards, Masterclasses: a network of events all over the world, promoting cinematography talents and local territories. Our aim is to […]
Best Narrative Feature, Old boys, Jean-François Amiguet
Best Documentary, In Plain Sight, Ruvin De Silva
Best Animation, On/Off, Nicolas P. Villarreal
Best Narrative Short, Biangardi - The Most Beautiful Creation, Salvatore Riggi
Best Director, Erik, David Kodheli
Best Cinematography, Kogershin, Malik Zenger
Best Editing, Fuori le mura, Stefano Tammaro
Best Original Soundtrack, So Misunderstood, JAKLYN & Erik Rico
Best First Time Director, Cancer/Evolution Episode 1: The Dustbin of History, Maggie Jones & Brad Jones
Best Screenplay, Raven Woman, Junichi Haruta
Best Actor, Resurrection under the Ocean, Adnan Yanbay
Best Actress, Re-record, Albina Sotnykova
Special Jury Prize, Childfree, Sara Bahramjahan
Best Narrative Feature, Cage: Between Two Battles, Cenk İzgören
Best Documentary, Game Over, Saeed Mayahy & Miriam Carlsen
Best Animation, The truth is not unreal, Vahid Mobasheri & Asma Darvishkhoob
Best Narrative Short, Birth of two departeds, Ali Sadeghian
Best Director, Smile of the mask, Abbas Ghazali
Best Cinematography, Birth of two departeds, Ali Sadeghian
Best Editing, Pink Booth Confessions, Millie Heckler
Best Original Soundtrack, Pink Booth Confessions, Millie Heckler
Best First Time Director, Cage: Between Two Battles, Cenk İzgören
Best Screenplay, Bad Love Tigers, Kevin Schewe