A festival straight into
the incredible Abruzzo National Park
Opi Soulplace Film Festival is an international competition with live screenings open to filmmakers from all over the world. It takes place in the small town of Opi (in the middle of Abruzzo National Park, Italy) and its purpose is to help independent cinematography talents and filmmakers to improve their career.
We accept films of all genres and also shorts. Award-winning films will be screened in public before the award ceremony.
Located in a splendid natural amphitheater, Opi still retains the characteristics of an ancient medieval village.
The seventeenth-century palace, the Romanesque church of Santa Maria Assunta and the chapel of San Giovanni Battista, built in the Baroque era, are just some of the symbolic places of the small urban center to discover.
Best Narrative Short
Best Original Soundtrack
Best First Time Director
Special Jury Prize
We want to support as many filmmakers as possible, all over the world, motivating them to always improve, always give their best and never stop dreaming.
Th event involves not only filmmakers and the public, but also the whole territory as well.
We accept films of all genres and also shorts, in the form of narrative (fiction), documentary (non fiction) or animation.
Award-winning films will be screened in public before the award ceremony. *All winners will receive an official laurel and a free ready for print certificate.
By submitting your film, you declare to know and accept that we can promote some of the films by uploading the trailers and/or teasers or posters and production stills and so you allow us to use them for free, for promotional purpose. However the films will never be available online.
Submission fees cover administration costs and therefore they are non-refundable. Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker and each entry may be entered in multiple categories.
We do not accept:
- poor standards or amateur movies (bad sound, lack of subtitles/captions for non-English films, video resolution less than 720p HD);
- movies involving politics or promoting political agenda;
- extremist or propaganda content movies, either religious or political organizations.
- Breathtaking views and a community that demonstrates support and involvement for their village.The wonderful setting for our festival was the Sala Pro Loco of the Municipality […]
- We are so happy to announce winners for our first edition of Opi Soulplace Film Festival. Applications have been from all over the world and that’s […]
- Two rows of houses on the back of a mountain.An amazing medieval village within the Abruzzo National Park, in a natural amphitheater between mountains and woods. […]
- Soulplace Film Festival means Live Screenings, Awards, Masterclasses: a network of events all over the world, promoting cinematography talents and local territories. Our aim is to […]
Best Narrative Feature, Ujan Story, Shahram Badakhshan Mehr
Best Documentary, Into the Mist, Sachin Ghimire & Gaurab KC
Best Animation, The Pearl (lets-make-peace), Abdollah Alimorad
Best Narrative Short, Remember Its Flight, Sasan Golfar
Best Director, The Wild Olive Tree, Kamel Azouz
Best Cinematography, The Librarian, Hasan Kılıç
Best Editing, Chennai Diaries, Harish Gokul
Best Original Soundtrack, 1984, Ardavan Mirani
Best First Time Director, Curettage, Sepideh Ghavami
Best Screenplay, The Young Mozart, Ali Moazen
Special Jury Prize, Pestis Muliebris - Stories of Female Resilience, Vittorio Caratozzolo, Luca Nicolini & Class 2A (22-23)