A festival to rediscover
caves to navigate on an underground river
Pertosa Auletta Grotte Soulplace Film Festival is an international competition with live screenings open to filmmakers from all over the world.
It takes place in the Caves of Pertosa-Auletta (Campania, Italy) and its purpose is to help independent cinematography talents and filmmakers to improve their career.
We accept films of all genres and also shorts. Award-winning films will be screened in public before the award ceremony.
The Pertosa-Auletta Caves are our new non conventional location for Soulplace Film Festival. Located in the Alburni Mountains, the Pertosa-Auletta Caves are one of the focal geosites of the "Cilento" Geopark.
They are the only caves in Italy where you can navigate an underground river, the Negro, and are the only ones in Europe to preserve the remains of a pile-dwelling village dating back to the second millennium B.C.
The event is patronaged by the MidA Foundation.
Best Narrative Short
Best Original Soundtrack
Best First Time Director
Special Jury Prize
We want to support as many filmmakers as possible, all over the world, motivating them to always improve, always give their best and never stop dreaming.
Th event involves not only filmmakers and the public, but also the whole territory as well.
We accept films of all genres and also shorts, in the form of narrative (fiction), documentary (non fiction) or animation.
Award-winning films will be screened in public before the award ceremony. *All winners will receive an official laurel and a free ready for print certificate.
By submitting your film, you declare to know and accept that we can promote some of the films by uploading the trailers and/or teasers or posters and production stills and so you allow us to use them for free, for promotional purpose. However the films will never be available online.
Submission fees cover administration costs and therefore they are non-refundable. Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker and each entry may be entered in multiple categories.
We do not accept:
- poor standards or amateur movies (bad sound, lack of subtitles/captions for non-English films, video resolution less than 720p HD);
- movies involving politics or promoting political agenda;
- extremist or propaganda content movies, either religious or political organizations.
- Winners for Pertosa-Auletta Grotte Soulplace Film Festival 2023 have been decided! Here they are:🏆 Best Narrative Feature, Darking way, Zsolt Pozsgai🏆 Best Documentary, Breathing, Viktor Petrenko […]
- The first edition of Pertosa-Auletta Grotte Soulplace Film Festival has come to an end. Breathtaking views and a community that demonstrates support for their village. The […]
- We are so happy to announce winners for our first edition of Pertosa-Auletta Grotte Soulplace Film Festival.We have received applications from all over the world and […]
- The Pertosa-Auletta Caves are our new non conventional location for Soulplace Film Festival.Located in the Alburni Mountains, the Pertosa-Auletta Caves are one of the focal geosites […]
- Soulplace Film Festival means Live Screenings, Awards, Masterclasses: a network of events all over the world, promoting cinematography talents and local territories. Our aim is to […]
Best Narrative Feature, Darking way, Zsolt Pozsgai
Best Documentary, Breathing, Viktor Petrenko & Maria Pankova
Best Animation, Seven Flavours, Gairah Praskovia
Best Narrative Short, Bent Spoons, Josh Brodis & Arnold Aldridge & Lou Castro
Best Director, Chateau Laurier -Season 2, James Stewart
Best Cinematography, Ithaka, Ben Lawrence
Best Editing, Love in the Evening/Morning, Alexandra-Ana-Maria Savu
Best Original Soundtrack, Findings, Thomas Chabalier
Best First Time Director, So Happy Together, Gabriel J.Queenta
Best Screenplay, The curse of the village without memory, Michele Azzarito & Roberto Pareschi
Best Actor, The Final Bullet, Roger Dvorak
Best Actress, Don't shed a tear, Lisa Riesner
Special Jury Prize, Norcia: the earthquake, Andrea Sbarretti
Best Narrative Short, Love 4 Britland, Jaritza Lopez
Best Director, Do Over, Sharvi
Best Cinematography, Big Guy, Hicham Harrag & Samir Harrag
Best Editing, The Discipline, Aritra Majumdar
Best Original Soundtrack, Forgotten song, Monika Grzybowska
Best Screenplay, Lajjawati: a love story from India, Sumathy Ram & Charles Leopardo
Best Actor, Cage: Between Two Battles, Cenk İzgören
Special Jury Prize, Birth of two departeds, Ali Sadeghian
Special Jury Prize, Kogershin, Malik Zenger