A festival to immerse yourself in the timeless allure of Umbria, into Italy's heartland
Massa Martana Soulplace Film Festival is an international competition with live screenings open to filmmakers from all over the world. It takes place in the small town of Massa Martana (Perugia, Italy) and its purpose is to help independent cinematography talents and filmmakers to improve their career.
We accept films of all genres and also shorts. Award-winning films will be screened in public before the award ceremony.
Massa Martana, a charming Italian town nestled in the heart of Umbria, offers a captivating blend of history and natural beauty. With its picturesque medieval streets, centuries-old architecture, and stunning countryside views, Massa Martana is a haven for history enthusiasts and nature lovers alike. Discover ancient churches, such as the Basilica of San Felice, and savor authentic Italian cuisine in its quaint trattorias. This idyllic town, with its warm hospitality and serene atmosphere, beckons travelers to immerse themselves in the timeless allure of Italy's heartland.
Best Narrative Short
Best Original Soundtrack
Best First Time Director
Special Jury Prize
We want to support as many filmmakers as possible, all over the world, motivating them to always improve, always give their best and never stop dreaming.
Th event involves not only filmmakers and the public, but also the whole territory as well.
We accept films of all genres and also shorts, in the form of narrative (fiction), documentary (non fiction) or animation.
Award-winning films will be screened in public before the award ceremony. *All winners will receive an official laurel and a free ready for print certificate.
By submitting your film, you declare to know and accept that we can promote some of the films by uploading the trailers and/or teasers or posters and production stills and so you allow us to use them for free, for promotional purpose. However the films will never be available online.
Submission fees cover administration costs and therefore they are non-refundable. Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker and each entry may be entered in multiple categories.
We do not accept:
- poor standards or amateur movies (bad sound, lack of subtitles/captions for non-English films, video resolution less than 720p HD);
- movies involving politics or promoting political agenda;
- extremist or propaganda content movies, either religious or political organizations.
- Massa Martana is the place of our new festival. Massa Martana is a charming Italian town nestled in the heart of Umbria, offers a captivating blend […]
- Soulplace Film Festival means Live Screenings, Awards, Masterclasses: a network of events all over the world, promoting cinematography talents and local territories. Our aim is to […]